3.29.2012

getaways, gray skies, and good times.

I just got home from such a fun little girls getaway vacation with my beautiful in laws :).
I started out my trip by flying to see my sister in law Angela and her cute little fam dam in the one and only Oklahoma City. Which I had never been to before so that was fun! I had never flown by myself so that whole part was kinda stressful to me but it all went fairly smoothly so no complaints! But anyways... from OKC I joined Ang and her three kids in a road trip to Gulf Shores Alabama, which is where sister in law number 2 Jennifer lives with her hubby and three little girls! Driving was a bit hectic but i planned for that since i knew it was a long long long drive and with three little kids of course it wasn't going to be peaches and cream. It wasn't that bad though! The kiddos were a lot better then I could have ever hoped for :) . While on our way there we ran into some nasty weather and decided to break up the drive into two days, where we stayed in Mississippi. Beautiful trees everywhere!
After we finally made it to Alabama, we were bummed to see gray skies and rain since our whole plan for the trip was to lie on the beach and get some sun! We tried to keep busy as we waited for the rain to clear... we went bowling, in which i did not participate since I'm the world worst bowler. We visited Alligator alley, which I posted pictures of already. ( one of my very most favorite parts) Finally the last two days we were there the sun decided to grace us with its presence and we played at the beach as much as the kids could handle. We saw tons of jelly fish and even a few dolphins. It was so beautiful, definitely not what i had pictured for Alabama!
It was so much fun to spend time with the girls and my mother in law Gay :) since they all live so far away its always a blast to see each other, never a lull in the conversation that's for sure. Especially since I'm officially six months prego and they were all lovin on my tummy tum! Its starting to grow so fast!
Ang and I decided to drive all the way home in one day, which wasn't too terrible since we had pretty good weather the whole way home. It took us a little bit longer then usual but blame me...pregnant ladies gotta pee.
I stayed in OKC for an extra couple of days which was really neat... Ang took me around the City and showed me the OKC bombing memorial. I didn't know much about it going into it but You could definitely feel a different type of peace walking around. So sacred. So sad.
I flew home late last night and it definitely feels good to be home. I feel like i haven't slept great in a week. Such a bitter sweet thing coming home. Chris isn't home yet so its not like I had someone to come home to... unless you count my mommy, which I should because I missed her just as much lol.
Less than a week before my handsome husband comes home and I couldn't be more excited!
Then we can get crackin on all this baby stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment